This WebQuest supports the interdisciplinary unit theme Geography
Students will have completed a lesson on the National Parks in the United States. Including a quick Introduction to National Parks with this labor paper.
Students will be working in teams of two.
The instructional objectives this project supports: (1) Create a presentation to pursuade the National Parks Service to select a park in Missouri to be the next National Park.
The intended learners are seventh grade social studies students.
Alignment with NETS-S
NETS-S 1. Basic operations and concepts
* Students demonstrate a sound understanding of the nature and operation of technology systems
* Students are proficient in the use of technology
NETS-S 2. Social, ethical, and human issues
* Students develop positive attitudes toward technology uses that support lifelong learning, collaboration, personal pursuits, and productivity
* Students practice responsible use of technology systems, information, and software
NETS-S 3. Technology productivity tools
* Students use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity
* Students use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models, prepare publications, and produce other creative works
NETS-S 5. Technology research tools
* Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources
Show Me Standards
* the major elements of geographical study and analysis (such as location, place, movement, regions) and their relationships to changes in society and environment
*the use of tools of social science inquiry (such as surveys, statistics, maps, documents)
- SS5A Use geographic research sources to process and report information to solve problems
- SS5I Identify environmental consequences of how people use resources
- SS5J Use geography to interpret the past, explain the present and plan for the future
- SS7D Use technological tools for research and presentation
Designed by Mr. John Stratton. I can be reached for questions about this webqeust below by hitting the contact button.